APAL is an industry representative body and non-profit membership organisation that supports Australia’s commercial apple and pear growers by:
- Improving orchard productivity and grower profitability Managing industry extension
- Delivering new varieties Managing the Pink Lady™ brand Creating export market opportunities
- Providing industry communications Collecting and analysing industry data
- Certifying nursery trees and rootstocks
- Promoting industry interests
- Connecting growers nationwide
- Empowering members through a united industry voice
- Advancing Australia’s horticultural sector.
APAL’s social media engagement is partly funded by Horticulture Innovation Australia Ltd using the apple and pear industry levy funds from growers and matching funds from the Australian Government.